Pages

Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Fair Highlights

I am working on part 2 of "Don't Fear the Fair" for &Stitches e-zine.  In the meantime, here is a photo gallery of what I saw at the fair on Sunday.

Make your kid the cuddliest shark around.
Best in Show--Hand Knitting, Crochet, Tatting
Best in Show--Counted Thread Techniques, Counted Cross-Stitch 
Knitted child's dress with ram in stranded color work 
Wonder Woman sweater! 
Peacock, cross-stitch on linen
I have a fondness for embroidery of plants with their names.
One of those entries that completely changes my ideas on needlepoint.
A Pokemon character, Chester Cheetah, and a happy turtle
This crocheted owl afghan got our attention
I'd love to do something like this with illustrations from antique Haggadahs
The Drop-Cloth Sequel Sampler, made into a bag!
A village made out of machine embroidered lace panels
I don't care what the ribbon says.  This is a winner in my book.
The T-shirt quilts get . . . interesting.  I never knew there were so many bad Christian T-shirts out there.
Sharks were a popular theme this year.  Influenced by Sharknado?
A dollhouse log cabin, complete with crafting studio.  Can I live here?
Pipe cleaners protesting the poor treatment of their brethren. 
The 4-H organizers might want to think more carefully about how they arrange the entries.

No comments:

Post a Comment