Pages

Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Story Time Sampler: March

Sorry for the paltry posting.  I've had a lot going on, some downs and ups.

In the meantime, I have gotten all caught up on Frosted Pumpkin Stitchery's Story Time Sampler.  I find the concept behind this sampler really intriguing.  Even more than the Once Upon a Time Sampler, Story Time makes me think about the imagery and characterization found in classic books.  How do you make a picture of a book so that it is obviously THAT book?  For example, if I was trying to depict Hamlet, I can immediately think of several images.  A young man in black clothing, a skull, a bouquet of flowers.

Now think about Pride & Prejudice.  How would you sum up the book in a few images?  What would you add to make it specifically P&P, but not Sense & Sensibility or Emma?

I started on the frames at the beginning of February and I finally caught up last week.  The frames are smaller, so each picture took me about three days.
January--Alice in Wonderland 
February--The Secret Garden
March--Sherlock Holmes

This would be a great project to work on while listening to CraftLit.  It is a podcast for people who love crafting and literature, but their hands are too busy making things to hold a book.  The program includes audiobooks of classic literature, as well as notes about historical context and crafting info.  What are your favorite classic books?

No comments:

Post a Comment